Anyone fromUK - IVI: Foro de Infertilidad y Reproducción Asistida

Anuncio

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“Prohibición de venta o donación de medicación sobrante según la Ley 29/2006. INFORMACIÓN Y POSIBLES SANCIONES”. Haz click para más información.

Anyone fromUK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Hora
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone fromUK

Hi there

Im just looking at clinics for egg donation in Spain and having real difficulties in getting any costs or response to my questions from any of hte IVI centes, particularly the one in Madrid. Can anyone advise whether they are set up for English speaking patients?

Many thanks

Comment

Anyone fromUK

Aprox. cost in IVI Madrid is 9.000 euros, including medication for the donnor. If there are enough embrios to freeze, any other try with frozen embrios is about 1.500 euros

Comment

Anyone fromUK

And thank you to all, I am recovered now and ready to start again.

About the donnor, in IVI Madrid you dont give your picture or allowed to ask specifics about your donnor but you fill a form with your full description, that doesn't inlcude your skills or your studies.

I have been very worried about that, but you know what? I don't think on it any more. Yes my husband and I have University degrees and artistic skills but both come from very traditional families not at all like we are, then the kids of my friends are so different to their parents, some study, some not, some hate music when their parents are musicians, etc. I mean, there is no way to ensure your kids will look like you and be like you, in most of the natural families is not like that. Of course, with egg donation the fisical similarity is important but mainly because we don't say the truth to our families and friends and we don't plan to tell to our kids.

So, I am much more relaxed now about it because having babies is most important than the obstacles.

Good luck girls

Comment

Anyone fromUK

has anyone else used the chelsea and westminster hospital

we have been advised to go to spain for ivi eggg donation

Has anyone been advised to go through this precdure

Comment

Anyone fromUK

Hi Guys,

How are you all getting on?

xx

Comment

Anyone fromUK

I have decided to have treatment at IVI Alicante.

Is there anyone else, who is 40+ who is having or had donor eggs. I have some questions I would like to ask about the tests I need before going for the 1st consultation.

IVI Alicante have requested a Mammogram, any one else had to do this, should I go for the consultation and worry about the tests after?

Nicola

xx

Comment

Anyone fromUK

Hi Nicola/All

I am currently undergoing treatment at Alicante, due to have scan and blood test tomorrow and if all is good/i'm ready we'll hopefully be heading back before the end of the month for ET . . scary! [IMG]smileys/smiley5.gif[/IMG]

I am early 30's, however I'm guessing as I suffered a very premature manopause (early 20's) the tests prior to going for our initial consultation did include a mammogram. I had had one anyway as i'd had a breast cancer scare so was covered but to alleviate stress a little and give a clearer picture when you go for your 1st appointment with IVI Alicante I would recommend getting as many of the tests they request done and send results if possible.

I wish you all the luck in the world!
                Heidi xx [IMG]smileys/smiley31.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Anyone fromUK

Hi,

We are at this moment in Barcelona waiting for the emryo transfer. It will bee on thursday at 4 pm. We had eight eggs, three have been fertilized and we are using two this time.

We did all the test they required including mammogram. Mammogram is very important because of the estrogen you will have to take.

Best wishes

Christel

Comment

Anyone fromUK

Hi,

We are at this moment in Barcelona waiting for the embryo transfer. It will bee on thursday at 4 pm. We had eight eggs, three have been fertilized and we are using two this time.

We did all the test they required including mammogram. Mammogram is very important because of the estrogen you will have to take.

Best wishes

Christel

Comment

Anyone fromUK

Hi All,

Thanks for replying, its a comfort as I am feeling very alone here.

Hide, how did your blood test go? Are you ready for ET?

Christel, How are you feeling, excited for tomorrow???

I wish you all the luck in the world!!

I hope someone can help me with my query... I have contacted IVI regarding the Haematology, Biochemestry & Coagulation test as I am having problems getting this test done in UK. IVI have sent me the following list, which seems a little excessive. Did any of you ladies have these tests done in UK or at IVI and how much did they cost? I think I am going to have to wait until I get over to Spain as I can't find anyone to help me with this.

Haematology: Leukocytes/WBC, Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Basophils, Eosinophils, Monocytes, RBC, Haemoglobin, Haematocrit, MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW, Platelets, MPV, TCP, PDW

Biochemestry: Glucosa (fasting), Urea, Creatinine, AST, ALT, GPT, eGFR, Sodium, Potassium, Iron, Globulin, Albumin

Coagulation: Prothrombin Time, Quick Index, I.N.R., APTT

I would be grateful for any advice

Nicola x

Comment

Anyone fromUK

Hi there,

We had the embryo transfered today. Unfortunatly only one made it until today. But we are happy and hope for the best. It must be a sign that today is my birthday [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif[/IMG].

Best wishes.

Christel

Comment

Anyone fromUK

Hi Christel,

Happy Birthday for yesterday!

Better to have 1 good, strong embryo that 2 or 3 weak ones.

Wishing you all the best, I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Please keep me posted on how you are

Nicola

x

Comment

Anyone fromUK

Hi Christel, Nicola, everyone

Christel, Happy Birthday for the other day hope you had a good one and I have my fingers and everything crossed for you regarding your ET! [IMG]smileys/smiley4.gif[/IMG] How are you feeling?

Nicola, did you have any luck yet with getting alot of your tests done? Many of them are routine bloods so could your GP not arrange you having those done which would help keep costs down a bit rather than having to have them all done in Spain? Good luck with it hun! [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif[/IMG]

I had my scan on Wednesday and although things are looking OK the lining is not yet thick enough so the clinic added patches to my treatment which I have had a nightmare trying to get hold of (med centre pretty useless at the mo arrrgh [IMG]smileys/smiley21.gif[/IMG]) and so was a day late starting the treatment [IMG]smileys/smiley6.gif[/IMG]. I have an appointment next Tuesday for a re-scan so everything crossed that all works and we can progress!!! Luckily blood results are OK! After a couple of very stressed out weepy days i'm feeling a little better today and ready to continue the battle, what a rollercoaster, gonna be needing hair colour after all this to cover greys LOL!!!

Well All the best girls take care and good luck [IMG]smileys/smiley31.gif[/IMG]

Heidi xxx

Comment

Anyone fromUK

Hi we are from the UK and I need donor eggs so thinking about heading out to valencia. Can anyone tell me if the clinic has a BMI cut off? I am quite overweight and have a bmi of 38, would they still treat me with donor eggs at this clinic?

Comment

Anyone fromUK

Hi

I am in the same position we have just decided to go for this option too. I am just getting test results together etc then we will make our first appointment.

Comment

Working...
                                X