Anyone fromUK - IVI: Foro de Infertilidad y Reproducción Asistida

Anuncio

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“Prohibición de venta o donación de medicación sobrante según la Ley 29/2006. INFORMACIÓN Y POSIBLES SANCIONES”. Haz click para más información.

Anyone fromUK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Hora
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone fromUK

Hi,

I´m Christel from Sweden. Me and my husband visited IVI in Barcelona at the beginning of october last year and will receive our first donated egg i March. The clinic is great, our doctors and our coordinator are great. We really feel comfortable and safe. We were recommended to go to the clinic in Vallencia by a doctor in Nottingham. The reason why we choosed Barcelona was that it was easyer to travell to. But we are really, really happy about the clinic.

And my husband is a great fan of FC Barcelona and we stayed at a hotel close to Nou Camp. Hopefully we will get tickets to a match the next time we are in Barcelona.

I apolgize for my english, it´s easier to speak than write ...

Regards

Christel

Comment

Anyone fromUK

Hi everyone or anyone reading this. My DH and I are hoping to use donor eggs from IVI Valencia very soon. We are a bit worried now though as read on another site that one couple who are fair skinned like ourselves have just had a baby at another clinic in Spain and found it to be very dark skinned when it was born, which has made it near impossible for them to pass it off as theirs ie not telling people that they used donor eggs to get pregnant in the first place. Has anyone else had this experience or not? It would be good to hear if anyone has managed to have a baby using donor eggs from spain and found they had been matched quite well ie as far as skin colour, eye colour etc and which clinic they went to.

Comment

Anyone fromUK

Hi Kaz
        I'm sad to hear of your concerns but they are totally understandable with this process (have them myself).
        Do you know where the couple with the upset went?
        All I can go on is that we went through characteristics that we would hope to come through from DE ie blue eyes, fair skin and that a couple we know had a very positive results in Alicante and are completely happy which is why the clinic was recommended to us!
        Good luck with it all
        Hide x [IMG]smileys/smiley20.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Anyone fromUK

Hi girls,
          Will try to help with my experience. I am Spanish living/working in London.
          Tried 2 ICSI in London with no success, then I got spontaneusly pregnant and miscarriaged week 9. Decided to try egg donation. My doctor in London (Lister Hospital) recomended IVI because there is no waiting list. I am very fair and pale skin, my husband tipical latin but not super dark.
          I did the treatment in IVI Madrid and it was all very easy, by law, in Spain you are not allowed to see any pics of the donnor but of course they take note of all your characteristics, eyes, hair, skin, weighth... and same with your husband. I got pregnant in my first egg donation but sadly it was an ectopic so had to have it removed on week 6. I am going to try again as soon as I am recovered.
          Regarding your worries, I´ve seen a few babies from egg donation, they all look like the dad very much and in once case, very strange the little boy was all from donnors, egg and sperm and is soooo like both parents, who are blond.
          The cost of the treatment in IVI, together with drugs (and donnor´s drugs) was about 8K euros.
          IVI has the best reputation in Spain, should you have concerns about donnors matching english skin/hair, please say so, but I believe they are very careful with that.
          Good Luck!

Comment

Anyone fromUK

Hello there!

Tomorrow I´m starting with Synarel nasal spray. Anyone who tried that? What symtoms have you expereenced?

Regards

Christel

Comment

Anyone fromUK

hi all, im kina, we are going for our first appintment on the 25th of feb, i cant explain how excited and nervous i feel, its something i want so badly, i always thought i ll have 100s of babies, never did i imagine i would have to go through 5 failed ivf's... never mind... gotta keep smiling, does anyone have any information for me, what i am to expect from my first appoiintment, i will be going to ivi clinic in barcalona... do we have to pay for everything on the first appointment or do we pay on the 2nd appointment for the treatment... and how long do we have to wait for our donor, i know they say there is no waiting list but ive read there could be a wait for a few months... please share any info you may have thanks to all

Comment

Anyone fromUK

hi all, im kina, we are going for our first appintment on the 25th of feb, i cant explain how excited and nervous i feel, its something i want so badly, i always thought i ll have 100s of babies, never did i imagine i would have to go through 5 failed ivf's... never mind... gotta keep smiling, does anyone have any information for me, what i am to expect from my first appoiintment, i will be going to ivi clinic in barcalona... do we have to pay for everything on the first appointment or do we pay on the 2nd appointment for the treatment... and how long do we have to wait for our donor, i know they say there is no waiting list but ive read there could be a wait for a few months... please share any info you may have thanks to all

Comment

Anyone fromUK

Hi Kinzy,

We, my husband and I, are clients at the Barcelona Clinic. We are very pleased with everything. Our first visit was in oct last year. At the first visit they talk you true the whole procedure, examen you and your partner have to give a sample. It took about 3 hours and you´ll meet the doctor and your coordinator who will be your contact all the way.

We paid just a small amount the first time I think it was about 400 €, but we took some extra blood tests. They will give you a folder whit all kinds of information. The second time you have to pay it´s when they have found you a donor and the third time is the day of transfer.

It takes about three to four month before you will have the first egg transfer. It´s because of finding a donor and syncronize hers and yours menstrual cycle, and so on. And your uterus most also be fully prepared.

We visited the clinic i october, our next visit will be in march. And that´s when the egg is being transfered into my uterus.

Good Luck!

Best wishes

Christel

Comment

Anyone fromUK

thanks christel for the info, i feel im a little out of the dark, did you get the choice to say what you want the donor to look like, for example height, colour of hair skin etc. thanks again and i wish you all the best with your treatment... is this your first attempt with donor eggs

love kina

Comment

Anyone fromUK

Hello Kina,

The first time we were there we filled out a form with all kinds of things. From type of hair, to length, weight, eye color and so on. The donor is anonymos, but when you get pregnant the will tell you the age and blood type of her.

Love to you on Vallentines Day

Christel

Comment

Anyone fromUK

Hi Christel and Kinzy,
                        I already had egg donation in IVI Madrid. After my period on 1st Dec I started with Proginova, increasing the dosis till the transfer on the 28th of Dec, I got pregnant but sadly had ectopic pregnancy. I paid around 8.000 euros including the donnor drugs.
                        I am now recovered from lamparoscopy to remove a tube and the ectopic and will start treatment again after my next period that could be in 2 to 6 weeks, due to the this surgery.
                        good luck

Comment

Anyone fromUK

thanks for that christel, i was so worried i wont be able to choose what i want from my donor, i thought it was the clinics decision... its a hard decision to have a donor egg but to not have the choice to match the donor is not something i would want... when i look at the child i want to be able to see myself in her or him... someone said you can give them a photo of yourself so they can match you as much as possible... is that true...

i said to my husband, there are a few things i want the donor to have, the lady would have to be 5ft 6inch minimum, as im 5ft 7.5inc... fair skin,big brown eyes, slim nose and full lips, slim to medium built, and i would love to have someone with a degree... sounds like im asking for alot...

i just want my baby to resemble me, i dont want to look at the baby and remember she isnt mine... sorry for going on and on... im just so nervous...

can you please tell me all the questions they ask when you go for the first appointment... sorry for being a pain... mwah

kina

Comment

Anyone fromUK

hey england...

i am so so so sorry for what you went through it must have been so tough... big hug from me to you... fingers crossed all goes well for you.... i ll pray for all of us... can i ask you a question did they match the donor to you... im just so scared... please do keep intouch... its support from you lovely ladies that makes it easier for me to cope... what would i do without you guys

kina

Comment

Anyone fromUK

@miss england,

I´m so sorry for what you´ve been trough. I really hope you feel better. I´ll keep my finger crossed for good luck!

@Kina

They asked us to send pictures and so we did. But you can´t have any specific wishes about the donor. The spanish law protects the donor, other wise I suppose it would be hard to find women who would help us.

So if you want to have more information about the donor you will have to find another clinic in another country. But talk to the doctor at your first visit and I think you will feel comfortable with what they can do for you.

Christel

Comment

Anyone fromUK

hey christel,

i know what your saying but i just want some control over who donotes their eggs, my worst nightmare would be if the child looked totally different, whenever ive been to spain ive been mistaken for a spanish lady, thats why i feel having an egg donor from spain would be my best option...

just want my baby to look a little like me... you said you gave pics of yourself, did you give that on your first visit... im a bit worried because i had my bloods done and the reports are not here yet.. i have emailed the company but im worried they might cancel our appointment, we have already booked our flights...

how many eggs do they give and can they put more than one egg back inside... i would love to fall preg with twins or triplets that would be so brill...

we have got loads of twins in my family.. and ive always wanted twins... perfect family... hehehehe

to be honest i would be grateful if god blessed me with one baby

hugs and kisses

kina xxxx

Comment

Working...
                                X