IMSI at IVI??? - IVI: Foro de Infertilidad y Reproducción Asistida

Anuncio

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“Prohibición de venta o donación de medicación sobrante según la Ley 29/2006. INFORMACIÓN Y POSIBLES SANCIONES”. Haz click para más información.

IMSI at IVI???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Hora
  • Show
Clear All

IMSI at IVI???

hi

since IVI is supposed to be leading in IVF-techniques, I'm wondering if they do IMSI? EUGIN in Barcelona does, and other clinics in Spain and France use this technique to select the best sperm whenever there is a problem with male fertility. But as far as I can see out of correspondence on the forum, IVI don't do IMSI. Can anybody confirm that?

thanks in advance

Lamie

IMSI at IVI???

Hello,

First of all, sorry for my english. I have no idea, in IVI website does not appear IMSI or super ICSI. I am interested to know it as well. I will follow the answers to your question.

bye for now!
    Finalmente somos padres!!!!!

Comment

IMSI at IVI???

Dear ptolemais

maybe you understand french? I can see you're from Barcelona. This is the reply I just received from an internet consult at IVI:

"Chère madame
      Le choix de la technique dépend de l'évaluation médique et ginecologique avec toute votre histoire dans le rendez-vous à la clinique. Si vous desirez avoir un rendez-vos avec notres médecins vous devez telephoner au +3493 2063000 ou le mail internationalbcn@ivi.es"

So, it's not a "no - we don't do that" but it's not "yes we do" either. I think they must practice this technique since they are really front runners, but I suppose it costs a huge supplement.....

hug

Lamie

Comment

IMSI at IVI???

Thank you lamie!!

If I should do any other threatment (I hope to be pregnant, in 2 days I have the beta analysis) I will ask about it in IVI Barcelona.

Good luck with your threatment!

Comment

IMSI at IVI???

Hello girls,

I can confirm you that IVI makes IMSI, but it depends on the semen quality. Nowadays this treatment does not cost a supplement, it is included on the price but depends on the doctor.

I apologize for my english, and I hope it can help you.

good luck!

Comment

IMSI at IVI???

Lambda, gracias x tu información!!

Comment

IMSI at IVI???

thank you so much for the confirmation [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif[/IMG]
              love

Lamie

Comment

IMSI at IVI???

wish you all the best[IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif[/IMG] Awfull waitingtime....
                hug

Lamie

Comment

IMSI at IVI???

Iniciado por Lambda
                  Hello girls,

I can confirm you that IVI makes IMSI, but it depends on the semen quality. Nowadays this treatment does not cost a supplement, it is included on the price but depends on the doctor.

I apologize for my english, and I hope it can help you.

good luck!
                  Interesting! I just talked to a coordinator who told me that they stopped doing that years ago! I wondered if she understood, what I was talking about, since I thougt it was a rather new technique, but she insisted and said, that the laboratory had adviced the coordinators to say, they don't do it any more because it doesn't make a difference. I BELIEVE it makes a difference (i.e, I think it's our only hope....my partner refuses embryo donation, which our former clinic suggested) so I would feel so much more at ease, if I can convince the doctors at IVI to do it.

So do you mind telling me, when you had it done?

thank you in advance, and by the way, your english is VERY good [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif[/IMG]

Lamie

lamie2011-09-15 18:21:16

Comment

IMSI at IVI???

Hi,

I have to see my doctor next tuesday. I will ask for it.

bye for now

Comment

IMSI at IVI???

Iniciado por ptolemais
                      Hi,

I have to see my doctor next tuesday. I will ask for it.

bye for now
                      oh, that would be great! thanks a lot [IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif[/IMG]

Comment

IMSI at IVI???

Hi Lamie,

We were talking about this issue on April. Our doctor told us there were two techniques with the same objetive: avoid the sperm with broken DNA. These techniques are IMSI and "anexin chains columns" (I am not sure that this is the correct name in English). She told us that the second one was giving better results than IMSI.

But I recommend you to ask it directly to your doctor.

Bye

Comment

IMSI at IVI???

thanks Lambda, that's very instructive [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif[/IMG]

I was surprised, when the coordinator told me, they don't do it any more. We have tried so many times (8 with partners sperm and 3 times with donor sperm) and the difference in fertilization is huge! So we know we have to do "something" if we try again with partners sperm - so I'm glad to hear, they don't do it without an alternative; You made my day.

hug

Lamie

Comment

IMSI at IVI???

Iniciado por Lambda
                            Hi Lamie,

We were talking about this issue on April. Our doctor told us there were two techniques with the same objetive: avoid the sperm with broken DNA. These techniques are IMSI and "anexin chains columns" (I am not sure that this is the correct name in English). She told us that the second one was giving better results than IMSI.

But I recommend you to ask it directly to your doctor.

Bye
                            hi again

do you mind giving me the correct denomination in spanish or the language, you talked with the doctor? I would like to google it and found out more,

thanks[IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif[/IMG]

Lamie

Comment

IMSI at IVI???

Hi,

It is "cadenas de anexina".

Bye.

Comment

Working...
                              X