Someone going to IVI Valencia on May? - IVI: Foro de Infertilidad y Reproducción Asistida

Anuncio

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“Prohibición de venta o donación de medicación sobrante según la Ley 29/2006. INFORMACIÓN Y POSIBLES SANCIONES”. Haz click para más información.

Someone going to IVI Valencia on May?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Hora
  • Show
Clear All

Hello girls!!

Is there someone going to IVI Valencia on May, around 28th, May?

It will be my second time.

Maybe we could meet, talk about our experiences, relax...

By the way I wish GOOD LUCK for everybody!!![IMG]smileys/smiley4.gif[/IMG]

Bye bye![IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif[/IMG]

Hi there,

We're going for our initial appointment at the end of this month, so not the same time, but would really love to hear about your experience of IVI Valencia, and any tips for us newbies.

Fingers crossed for you.

Kate

Comment

Hi Kate!!!

So. Our experience at IVI Valencia was so good! My doctor and her assistent were so kind with us.

The AI was so calm and we don't have any problem. Unfortunatly we didn't have a baby and need to try another time. But the place is so good!

I wish you good luck, and I hope that with you the things will be better than was for me.

Let me know then about you!

Kiss! And thank you so much!!

Comment

Hi there,

It is reassuring to hear that the place and staff are good as it is such a big thing to do. We're going for egg donation and I am just worried how it can all work when you only have to go twice! I guess they answer all your questions like this.

Are you from the UK and far to travel? I'm so pleased that someone can help as treatment for us in the UK has not got us anywhere.

If there is anyone with experience of egg donation at Valencia I would be really grateful to hear more.

Thanks,

Kate

Comment

I'm in Italy. Here we don't have places so good as this one, as IVI. So we decided to dod that there.
          When I stayed there my first time, they were so kind and let me so quite and calm, because every question that we had, they answerd. Don't worry Kate, every thing is gonna be all right!!!!!!

We had to choose the IVI because my husband has a problem. So we need then!!

Kiss!!

Comment

Hello Ladies,

Had just written long post and lost it trying to use the emoticons so none this time.!!

We are going to IVI Valencia end of this month for 1st appointment also. We are going for DE tx and it is our 1st time and hopefully will be last our last.!

I believe IVI Valencia has a great reputation and glad to hear you speak so positively about your last experience btavares, I'm sorry it didn't work out. Hopefully 2011 will be the year for us..

Fertility friends forum have a lot of members who attend IVI worth checking it out..

Good luck... E

Comment

Hi Eggcited,

Good to hear from you and fingers crossed it will be first time lucky for both of us! Thanks for the tip about Fertility Friends site, there's lots of encouraging stories on there. It is all so daunting and exciting as well. We've had failled ICSI in the UK and the thought of waiting a year or so for a donor egg here is just not worth thinking about. And I would be too old probably!

Have you read much about waiting times for donor match at IVI Valencia? I've seen 3 to 6 months if you want blue eyes? I'm sure all the questions will be answered soon enough. We go on 27 for the appointment, how about you?

Positive thoughts all round,

Kate

Comment

Hello Kate,

In relation to the waiting times I have heard 3-6 months but my liaison person Maria Sanchez has said that after our 1st appointment we (or more like I) will have to return within a month for ET so that sounds a bit more promising.!!

We chose Spain as we both have brown hair and I have brown eyes so we are hoping there won't be much waiting time.

Our appointment is on the 28th with Dr.Ramohi...counting the days down now but glad Easter is in between as I have some family coming and that will take my mind off it....(I doubt it but that's what I'm telling myself).

Who is your appointment with and have ye got your blood test results are are ye going to have them done over there?

Lots of positivity.... S

Comment

Hi S.

Wow. Return within 1 month, that does sound good. I have blue eyes and my partner has hazel/green, so I think we have some choices to make.

My appointment is with the same doctor as you and we've decided to have all the tests done there. I worry over everything and knew I would worry if I had them done here in case there was anything missing.

Like you I am trying to keep busy over the next few day, but my mind can't help wandering.

If you don't mind me asking, are you following any food regime. Cutting out caffeine, etc? You read so much about what you should do that I think if I followed it all my body would go into shock. I just try and eat a balanced diet and not be overweight. Might start reducing the tea and coffee though!

Thanks for your messages, it is good to chat with someone in the same situation.

Kate

Comment

Kate,

Have you heard any reviews about the Dr. I know he is the founder of IVI which is a good start but I don't know anything else.

In relation to a regime...just trying to eat healthy and back to exercising also. Had surgery for fibroids in Feb so recovering from that..and building up my fitness level, want to give this IVF the best chance.

I am also taking Pregnacare Conception and am off the drink. My partner is taking Wellman Conception and limiting the alcohol. In relation to the coffee/cafeine debate - I don't drink tea but most days have a coffee or two not sure whether I should or not but will be one of my questions at our first appointment.

Same as you I don't want to completely shock my body but do want it in the best possible condition for the ET.

Would be swaying towards the Brazil nuts during the 2ww for the selenium which (supposedly) helps implantation but couldn't take all that they prescribe on FF.!!

Have you many questions for your 1st appointment...

Great to hear from you again... S

Comment

No, I haven't found anything about him, but he should want to keep the success rate high, so we will be in good hands.

It will be interesting to hear what they have to say about diet etc. When we asked in the UK during our ICSI treatment we were told just eat a normal healthy diet and there is no proof that other things work. Or that you should do anything different after transfer, just go back to work.

My questions just seem to be mounting...but I do want to know what happens if the donor only produces a small number of eggs which will potentially lead to only one embryo for transfer or something low. Is there a point where the process is started again? It is not about the money, but it doesn't seem right if you come out of it with not many options.

But preparation has to be the key to success, so like you say, I want to know how to give myself the best chance.

Happy let you know more questions though. I am going to put a list together before we go.

Kate

Comment

I know the Dr. He is my doctor too. And as I told first, my first time there was so good! They were kind and answered all our questions!!
                        They are good!!!

Good lucky girls!!!!![IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Kate I think that is a good question about when they draw the line on treatment or what happens.??

I think I have read that they don't assign a donor to us until the eggs are retrieved and that's why they know exact dates for ET as they have a number of donors that have EC on the same day...but can't be 100% sure as I have read soooooo much.

Also agree with your UK advise about healthy living as opposed to stressing about trying to keep up with all these new lotions and potions.!!

btavares - That's great to hear that you have experience of the Dr. and you found him good...hopefully he will get us all pregnant.!!

Did they give you any diet/health suggestions when you attended IVI previously?

All the best......

Comment

Hi both,

Thank you for the encouraging replies. What is so nice is that whatever questions we have the answer always seems to be positive.

Not long for any of us now! Excited and just a little bit nervous.

Thanks again,

Kate

Comment

Kate

Hope all is well with you and that you are all set for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you. Have been busy with visitors over Easter but it has hit me today that we are going to Valencia tomorrow for appointment Thursday. Nervous and excited.!! Will keep you posted and hope fully will hear from you in relation to your experience tomorrow.

All the best. Good luck... E

Comment

Working...
                              X