Frozen Embryos versus Frozen Eggs - IVI: Foro de Infertilidad y Reproducción Asistida

Anuncio

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“Prohibición de venta o donación de medicación sobrante según la Ley 29/2006. INFORMACIÓN Y POSIBLES SANCIONES”. Haz click para más información.

Frozen Embryos versus Frozen Eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Hora
  • Show
Clear All

My wife, a Spaniard living in Madrid and I (presently in the US) are working with IVI Madrid on IVF. We have collected and frozen eggs and sperm but not embryos. The research I have done on fertility indicates that success rates are better with frozen embryos so I wonder why IVI did not discuss this with us and why we were not presented an option to produce embryos and freeze them for later implantation. I have heard that freezing embryos is against the law in Italy and I wonder if the same could be true in Spain. However, I understand that once IVI thaws eggs and fertilizes them they freeze any unused embryos so I guess they can freeze them at that point? Does anyone have information on why IVI apparently does not freeze embryos at earlier points?

It is legal in Spain. No problem. Maybe you can talk to them a tell them what do you want.

Good luck

Comment

I assume that there is some reason for collecting eggs prior to "making embies" .. (low egg yield, overstimulation syndrom.. pgd etc?)
      I´m actually not so sure about cycles with frozen embies being more successfull than fresh..I actually think that the general believe is the other way around...and if possible that fresh embies transfer is done. At IVI clinics I believe both rates are very similar..

Obviously, there is no problem to save embryos that are not transfered and froze them.
      Good luck!

oppita2010-09-28 1707

Comment

Working...
      X