How many eggs did you get from egg donation - IVI: Foro de Infertilidad y Reproducción Asistida

Anuncio

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“Prohibición de venta o donación de medicación sobrante según la Ley 29/2006. INFORMACIÓN Y POSIBLES SANCIONES”. Haz click para más información.

How many eggs did you get from egg donation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Hora
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all. Me and my wife are going to startup on egg donation (probably in IVI Valencia) but are a little worried about not getting "enough" eggs from from the cycle. Whats your experience? How many eggs did you get ?

Hi!

My experience in IVI (Barcelona) has been very good. I have just gone through one donor and she gave 17 eggs, 14 of which were mature. Which is very good. Out of these 17, 11 got fertilised, and 9 became very good embryos....so those 9 embryos give a few chances for transfer. Remember that in IVI, they only transfer a maximum of two embryos at a time

In another clinic, which was not IVI, I had a different experience. The donor gave 15 eggs, but only 5 were mature. 3 got fertilised and in the end I only got one viable embryo, which was very disappointing.

I understand your worries about the possibility of not getting enough eggs, but you are in very good and professional hands. I advice you talking to the clinic to explain to you the scenario should the donor not provide you with many eggs. I understand they stop the donor and give you a better one. But I am not sure about this. It is best to ask

Good luck with it all

Comment

Wow, thanks Rhoda, thats quite impressive statistics. Did you get pregnant from the transfer?

Comment

Hi!

I didn´t! But I will try again in a couple of months with the ones I have left (hopefully next try!)

All the best

Rhoda

Comment

Hello

I've started an egg donation procedure en Ivi Valencia last year and resulted 11 egs but only 3 arrived at blastocyst 5 days stage. we transferred 2 of them last year but beta was negative and the other one we crioconserved until tihis year. we've done the embryo transfer this 30 sept and now we are waiting for beta.

good lack to you!

Comment

Working...
          X